February 10, 2013

Bridesmatron? Or bridesmaid?

For those of you that do not know, my sister and BOTH of J's sisters are getting married this spring/summer! Wow. We are both so excited to be a part of these weddings, but we want to make it an affordable few months. Both of us are in all 3 of the weddings, so that could make for some expensive dresses and suits, and all the accessories to go with. So let me break down my wedding wardrobe for ya! 

My sister's wedding: Becca (my sister) is getting married on June 29th. She is graduating from Alabama in May, and then heading straight for marriage! She picked out bridesmaids dresses from the same place she got her dress, Alfred Angelo. We are all wearing different styles of dress in the same color and fabric, which is "first blush" in chiffon. I cannot believe we all picked out different dresses, seeing as there are 9 of us! Thankfully, my mother was kind enough to pay for my dress, so that's one down! Here's a look at what style I will be wearing...


I am SO excited about the one-shoulder thing! I also found some shoes at 6pm.com (favorite shoe shopping online!). I wanted wedges for comfort, and I needed nude shoes for all 3 of the weddings, so let's kill 3 birds with one stone! Here are my versatile shoes! 

(image courtesy of 6pm.com) - these were only $34.99 at the time! With FREE shipping of course! YAY! 


Allison's wedding: Allison is J's older sister. She is getting married on April 20th. Her color palette is similar to Becca's but more beiges than pinks. We were all told to get a beige/cream colored dress, and Allison found us several options for us on Modcloth.com. I of course searched through the sale dresses to find mine! Coincidentally, it is also in the one-shoulder category. I guess that means I can't wear a one-shouldered dress to Erin's (J's younger sister) wedding! haha. 


Here it is! I got this one for only $51 and change! Can you believe a bridesmaids dress that cheap? I can't! I tried it on with the shoes I bought the other day, and the tones go great together! 


Erin's wedding: Erin and her fiance, Andrew are getting married on June 15th. Not sure what the bridesmaids dresses are going to be yet, but I know the color scheme has to do with pale yellows. She is trying to find dresses on Etsy.com. If any of you have suggestions or have ever ordered a custom made dress from anyone, comment below! 

So the grand total so far is $86.99 for me (just rounded up to $52 for the cream dress). The only other addition should be the dress for Erin'w wedding. I have a feeling J is going to have to spend more money than me on his stuff, partly because renting a tux is expensive, and also because he needs suits for dental school stuff, so we would be better off for him to buy suits instead of rent them, if suits are the wardrobe of choice for these weddings. 

Will post an update soon when we get J's wardrobe and my last dress picked out! 

- A



1 comment:

  1. What does the title of this argument have to do with the content? You never touched on ?Bridesmatron" at all within the body of the post.

    ReplyDelete