May 31, 2014

Strugglin' Along

I know I do not normally just write what I'm feeling and thinking on this blog, but I thought I would give it a try. As a Christian, I think one of the biggest hurdles to jump is learning to accept the struggles in my life. The entire world is struggling with war, hunger, injustice, sin, sickness and many other things. It's hard to watch others suffer and sometimes even harder to struggle through my own issues and hardships. 

Something I have learned quite recently, and hope to brighten your hearts with, is that struggle brings people together. It shapes and forms relationships, whether new or old. If you're struggling with something, tell someone! It's ok to admit you're not the "perfect" person people might think you are. NEWSFLASH! Everyone has things in their life that they wish weren't there, and it feels so much better to have someone else help you give that burden to God. 

I don't know the reason for suffering, especially nonsensical suffering such as sex trafficking and world hunger, but I do know that issues like those break barriers between so many different types of people. I think about my friend, Katherine, who is a missionary in Bulgaria trying to lead girls who have been prostituted and trafficked out of suffering, and I see so many people of all races and religions coming together to FIGHT! 

I wish suffering and personal struggles didn't happen, but in this sinful world we live in, God can use our struggles and suffering to bring about change for the better. He can bring broken relationships back together, He can heal the sick. And if all of this brings one person to Him, it's all worth it. At least I think so. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

-Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment