June 9, 2014

What I'm knitting lately #1

Since I started back blogging last month, I decided to make a few of my posts devoted to my knitting hobby. A few months ago my sister gave me a BUNCH of yarn that she wasn't going to use, so I knew I needed to start knitting pronto to make use of it. Most of the things I knit either go on my Etsy page to be sold or go in a pile to send with my good friend Katherine back to Bulgaria for the girls her team minister to there. This scarf I just finished is going in the Bulgaria pile. 






I knitted this scarf using Vanna White's acrylic yarn in dusty purple. I love this yarn because it is easy to work with, not too expensive, and becomes softer every time you wash it! That softness is very important for scarves and baby blankets. The pattern came from this website. 

Chevron Lace Knitted Scarf 

Using Size 10 knitting needles, cast on 29 stitches

Row 1: Purl 
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: K2, *yo, K4, K2Tog, K2Tog, K4, yo, K1*, repeat from * and end row with K1

Continue repeating Rows 1-3 until it reaches your desired length (for me it's about 5 feet), cast off and weave in ends. 


So pretty and so easy! If you want you can wash the scarf and block it. In the pictures I took the scarf is not blocked. I hope all of you have a great week! Happy June! 


-Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment