August 13, 2013

White Coat Ceremony

It's only Tuesday :(. Coming off of a big weekend and the days go by slow. Probably because I'm tired. I digress... 

So this past weekend was kind of a big deal for Joseph and I. He officially started Dental School last Tuesday, and his white coat ceremony was Sunday! Joseph's parents came in town for the weekend to see us and to go to the ceremony Sunday morning. 

Friday afternoon, I picked the in-laws up from the airport while Joseph finished up classes. Once we got home, he was there to greet us. We decided to find somewhere fun to go to dinner that night in Ft. Lauderdale, and we found an awesome place that we will DEFINITELY visit again. This place is called Coconuts, and it not only has a beautiful view, but wonderful seafood and an awesome drink menu. 

To start off, we got a crab claw appetizer and a tomato salad appetizer. Both were amazing. For dinner, we all got some form of seafood, but I would definitely recommend the coconut shrimp platter and the macaroni and cheese. The jambalaya was also delicious!! I also tried the Limoncello Mojito, and I think it might be the best mojito I have ever had. 

After dinner, we walked over to the beach and took a few pictures. They aren't great quality but here they are.



I think I love living near the beach. It's not the same as the gulf coast, though, that's for sure. 

Saturday we slept in a little bit and then drove down to Miami. We drove around there for a little while before heading back to our apartment and going to Target to get a few things for the apartment. Saturday night we went out to dinner again, this time to Timpano. This was definitely a fancier place, but still such good food! It was Joseph's mom's birthday, so we had a mini celebration that night! 

Sunday morning, we got up early, picked up Joseph's parents, and headed to Nova for breakfast before the White Coat Ceremony! I have to say I enjoyed all of the professors and deans who spoke, and I am truly excited to see what the next 4 years brings us. 

all of us before the ceremony

Joseph showing us his lab station

Getting his white coat on with the other students

Good pic Joseph's dad took of us on Saturday. 

That pretty much wraps up our weekend, now off to bed for another day of work! 

- A



No comments:

Post a Comment