September 11, 2013

I am a wanderer.

I know I won't be the first to say this, but life is hard. As I type this post, I am sitting in my WONDERFUL family friends' kitchen where I am staying the nights I am on call. Shout out to them, by the way. Without having a place to stay, I would be at the Holiday Inn (or probably somewhere much more disgusting). I am enjoying my time with them (even though right now they are in Europe!), but there's nothing quite like sleeping in your own bed, showering in your own shower, and waking up the next morning not forgetting your work shoes! -- yes, that did happen one day!

I have learned some good things in the past few weeks. I miss my husband regularly, so it makes me want to take advantage of the time I have with him at home (less passive TV watching, and more spending actual time together). I have eaten out ALL BY MYSELF...it was probably the most awkward thing I have EVER done (soon I will think of something more awkward I'm sure). I didn't die, though. Yea it was awkward, but I did it (those of you who know me know that this was a big deal). I got a flat tire one morning on the way to work and didn't change it by myself (I didn't have all the stuff in my car), but I got help at 5:30 in the morning and made it to work (late!), and today I took my car to a random car place to get it checked when something wasn't working right. 

Though random and seemingly unimportant, all of these things are things that I NEVER would have done if we hadn't moved here. We're not necessarily doing a bunch of fun stuff or going on a bunch of adventures because of school and work, but we are learning a lot of things by ourselves for the first time. I will tell you though, being an adult SUCKS! Seriously. I want to be a kid again. All of this talk about IRAs, buying a car, and crazy random documents that I am supposedly supposed to know the names of is exhausting! We're making it though. 

Thinking about this day in 2011, I was in 7th grade in band class and my teacher got called out of the classroom, came back crying, and told us what had happened. At that point the second plane had just hit, and we turned the TV on and watched a replay of it. I can't believe it was 12 years ago today. In light of that, all the little problems in my life currently seem microscopic. Every day I need to be thankful for my circumstances, and not ever wish time to go faster. 

- A


No comments:

Post a Comment